The “QSL Club Licensing Regulations” is the basic working document for Licensees which incorporates the AFC minimum requirements as well as minimum requirements to participate in domestic competitions.
First implemented for the 2011-12 season, the QSL Club Licensing Regulations came into force on their approval by QSL Executive Committee and were implemented for the main purpose of participation in AFC Club Competitions.
The National licencing system was first introduced for the 2016-2017 season in line with QSL's strategic plan to support and develop football clubs .
The Criteria which have to be fulfilled by the license applicants in order to be granted a license fall into six main categories:
Sporting, Infrastructure, Personnel & Administration, Legal, Financial, and Business.
QSL Club Licensing System has the following objectives:
- Safeguarding the credibility and integrity of continental and national club competitions.
- Allowing the development of benchmarking for Licence Applicants in financial, sporting, legal, personnel, administrative and infrastructure related criteria throughout Qatar.
- Further promotion and continuous improvement of the standard of all aspects of football in Qatar and continuing priority given to the training and care of young players in each Licence Applicants.
- Increasing the level of management and organization within the Licence Applicants.
- Improvement of the economic and financial capability of the Licence Applicants, increasing their transparency and credibility, and placing the necessary importance on the protection of creditors.
- Adaptation of Licence Applicants’ sporting infrastructure to provide spectators and media with well-appointed, well-equipped, and safe stadiums.
- Safeguarding the continuity of international competitions for one season.
- Monitoring the financial fair play in the competitions.
The AFC Club Licensing System (CLAS) is an online system developed & administered by the AFC. The system allows the Licence Administration to evaluate and follow up with the documents submitted by the Licence Applicants.
The system also features functionality to generate various reports that support QSL’s efforts to develop good practices within member clubs.
Click here to download the latest QSLM Licensing Rules & Regulations
Click here to download complaints procedure
Click here to download club licensing policy
Click here to download AFC Financial Handbook
AFC Club Licence Awards