QSLM holds technical meeting


Alt

The Qatar Stars League Management (QSLM) held a technical meeting at its headquarters at the Al Bidda Tower on Wednesday ahead of the QNB Stars League’s second phase, which starts on 11th January.

Chaired by QSLM’s Head of Operations Ahmed Al Sayed, the meeting was attended by representatives of QNB Stars League teams as well as the Qatar Football Association’s Referees’ Committee.

Al Sayed wished success to teams in the remaining part of the season.

The QSLM had convened a similar meeting before the 2017-18 league season started.

Team representatives were reminded of achieving 60 minutes’ actual playing time in a match, as per the QSLM’s initiative which was launched at the Qatar Cup earlier this year.

The home, away and reserve jersey colours of all 12 teams, including that of goalkeepers, were decided at the meeting that also dealt with organisational and operational details as well as day-to-day matters.

Alt

The clubs were urged to include reserve players in their QNB Stars League squads.

Team representatives spoke on the occasion.

Qatar SC’s Director of Sports Affairs Hassan Al Ansari said, “We’re earnestly preparing for the league’s second phase, which’ll be more tough, exciting and strong. We’re keen to make up for the lost opportunities in the first phase, which saw us finish 11th, and make a turnaround in our fortunes.”

Al Rayyan team manager Omar Al Azani was hopeful that they would put up a stronger performance during the second part of the season, in both domestic and continental competitions.

Al Markhiya team official Abdullah Al Sayegh said, “We worked more harder during the break in order to achieve our targets by the time the season ends and we just hope for the best in the second phase.”

Alt