QNB Stars League second leg schedule announced
The Qatar Stars League (QSL) on Sunday announced the schedule of matches in the second leg of 2019-20 QNB Stars League after consultations with all stakeholders and partners. Week 12 action will start on 2nd January, 2020, and will end on 4th January.
The schedule of Al Sadd’s two deferred games, due to their AFC Champions League engagements, has also been announced. Their match against Al Arabi from Week 5 will be played on 6th January and that against Al Khor from Week 7 has been scheduled for 21st of this month.
It may be noted that the following factors were taken into consideration while scheduling the second leg:
- International commitments of national teams are included on the calendar.
- Participation of the clubs in 2020 AFC Champions League. A meeting was held with the coaches of competing teams for co-ordination and consultation.
- Match in each week have to be played over three days as and when possible (Thursday, Friday and Saturday), with more focus on Friday and Saturday.
- The QSL has taken into account the Magrib prayer times while determining the kick-off times.
- Winter timing will start from Week 12.
Note: The kick-off times and venues of matches in the last two weeks (21 and 22) will be decided later, in line with the QSL’s policy to give equal opportunities to the teams.
Click to view schedule